1. Introduction & General Terms
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us online or on a mobile.
In order to provide you with the best options for your holiday, we need to collect information about you.
- what information Access Travel Ltd may collect about you;
- how Access Travel Ltd will use information we collect about you;
- when Access Travel Ltd may use your details to contact you;
- whether Access Travel Ltd will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. Who are we?
Access Travel Ltd is a specialis,t registered and licensed Tour Operator specializing in holidays for travellers with mobility impairments, many of whom are wheelchair users.
When we refer to ‘’we’’, ‘’our’’ or "Access Travel", we are referring to Access Travel Ltd.
3. What information will the Access Travel Ltd collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Access Travel Ltd's services, activities or online content, such as requesting a quotation, newsletters, competitions, or create an account using Access Travel Ltd’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, passport details, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable Access Travel Ltd (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information relating to your disability (e.g. your medical condition, medication you may be on).
4. How will Access Travel Ltd use the information it collects about me?
Access Travel Ltd will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for "service administration purposes", which means that Access Travel may contact you for reasons related to the activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide.
- to provide you with information about our services, holidays or online content;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
- to analyse and improve the services offered on the Access Travel website;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Access Travel may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes;
- to build tailor made holidays most suited to your requirements;
- to advise service providers of the required facilities you need
- to inform airlines of any special needs requests you have for assistance at the airport and on and off the airplane
- to give airlines your passport details to fulfill advanced passenger information, as required
Where Access Travel proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
5. When will Access Travel contact me?
Access Travel will contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure we can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our products or services or airlines, hotels and equipment providers products and services;
- for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below)
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Access Travel will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, holidays or online content where you have agreed to this.
7. Will Access Travel share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law and where disclosure is necessary to provide the holiday and services you require.
10. How long will Access Travel keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically. To be compliant with the accounting requirements of HMRC details of invoices will be kept for 6 years.
11. Can I find out what personal information Access Travel holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Access Travel holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
13. Cookies Policy - Information Access Travel collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
The Access Travel website, cookies record information about your online preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. All third parties are strictly required not to use any information for their own business or other purposes (see section 6 above).
c. Third Party Cookies in embedded content on Access Travel pages
Please note that during your visits to our website you may notice some cookies that are not related to Access Travel. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Access Travel does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
d. Access Travel cookies and how to reject cookies?
If you wish to control what cookies are set on your device through the Access Travel website then you can find out how to do this in the Cookies section of the website. It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, this means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the websites' features.
14. Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies. This website does not currently respond to DNT requests. Details of how opt-out of tracking on the website, including analytics by changing your cookie settings may be found by checking the settings on your web browser.
A uniform standard has not yet been adopted to determine how DNT requests should be interpreted and what actions should be taken by websites and third parties. Access Travel will continue to review DNT and other new technologies and may adopt a DNT standard once available.
The Data Protection Officer
Access Travel Ltd
6 The Hillock
or email us using the email address at the top of the page.